advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

New members: Please read our Code of Conduct before submitting your first post.
Learn how to use the Veritas Health Forum: Take the System Tutorial

finding my place

I just found this site, desperate for answers, for someone to hear my "voice", scared, overwhelmed, frustrated.  My life has been turned upside down and my options running out.  Its been 8 months since my back injury and its far worse now than when it happened.  I believe the cortisone shot may have damaged my nerves in the L5_S-1 area and then now with all the 6 weeks of "chiropractic" care and PT may have Herniated the bulging disk, which has created extreme pain, far more sciatica, weakness in legs, burning sensations in feet, buttock and leg cramping, the neck adjustments now are getting my neck stinging more  and no strength in arms to even lift my upper body up from PT exercises on floor.  I had notices 2 weeks ago when he wrenched my back a shooting pain up my spine and then I told him, he says "oh, I will change the adjustment technique".  Since then all these extreme symptoms have been happening, my left leg went out on me after a sharp pain in my pelvis.  Its like I had been broadsided and whip-lashed.  Finally yesterday I told him I rather not do an adjustment till "things settled down" and could hardly do PT.  Last week he insinuated I was just dragging this out for workmans comp as I was laying face down on the table while the PT therapist and intern was standing there.  I was livid, humiliated, and felt "assaulted".  The following session my husband was sitting with me when I told him to never do that again, that he could traumatize women in such a vulnerable position.  I said I have done everything asked of me, exercises, adjustments, icing and on no pain medication from the very beginning when accident occurred.  A friend suggested I try PT at a aquatic center. yet I am scared this chiropractor did far more damage to my spine. At the end of the month Workman Comp is doing a IME because its been 6 months of treatment from two facilities, one in FL and the other in the state I reside in.  They treat me like Im just another "scammer" yet the irony is I am NOT being prescribed any pain medication and doing the physical therapy.  When I started here in this state it was getting some relief and then I got sick with a virus and missed two appointments and that is when the chiropractor subtly accused me after I said I still had numbness, pins and needles in hands and feet, then after the adjustments is when these things went into full blown pain, sciatica, pelvic weakness, buttocks, thighs, knees and feet.  Other clinics wont even look at me, saying from my charts from FL there isnt anything they can do for me, its just a bulging disk and degenerative disk disease.  There is something far more.  I had a friend who went through this and they found it was breast cancer that metastasized pressing against her spinal column...five years later she died.  Im not saying that this is the problem, Im just tired of doctors not listening, or checking, giving second opinions, and we suffer from incompetence or unscrupulous practice.  I dont know what to do, what my rights are, all I know is that I will never have a chiropracter touch me again.  I cant work my job anymore in this condition, sitting, standing, or driving is painful, holding my phone has my hands go numb.  Im scared, I used to be very active and loved walking, now that is taken away.  I want to scream.  Is this going to be my life.  
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,268
    hello wearytraveler!

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

•  It's horrible the way you've been treated. It's all too common when dealing with Workmen's Comp..their chiropractors don't have your best interest, and are more interested in getting paid than your well being. Are you able to see a private doctor for the DDD and disc bulge?

The problem is that some people have this and have no pain. Getting a discogram could prove that they are generating pain. I would also not go to a chiropractor again..I'm biased because I had a bad experience one time that landed me in the ER. It can help others but certainly not me.

Can you see a family doctor for meds so you can endure PT? If you aren't given pain meds, muscle relaxers and anti inflammatories are helpful. I use ice packs and alternate with heat pads, as well as use topical creams like Icy Hot w/ lidocaine.

Your hands going numb has to be checked out asap..I have cervical radiculitis from DDD, multiple disc bulges, and spondylosis in my neck. My lower back is worse off, although the whole spine has issues. I certainly understand your frustration at a system that is unfair, and does everything to discredit your pain. My problems aren't work related so I never went through the hassle of dealing with WC

. I hope you're able to get help somehow and feel better soon. Take care.
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.