advertisement
advertisement

Surgery c3-c6

I am going to have surgery on my C3-C6 with a plate need to talk with any one about the recovery period also they are going through Back and not the Front. ??
advertisement

Comments

• Bob,

I have a different situation but I hope it works out for you.
  • Hi Bob, I am having a similar surgery,  c3-c7. It is scheduled for the 2nd of March as we have non-refundable vacation planned the end of February.  However, my surgeon is going in from the front.  He did indicate if I had more than the 4 vertebrae involved, he would use the rear approach. Our son had 2 cervical surgeries, first one repaired one space and the surgeon used the rear approach but the second surgery with a 2 level repair was a front approach. He had a number of complications with the 2nd surgery, no fault of his or the surgeon so had a much longer recovery.  

Wishing you a successful surgery, rapid recovery and continuing good neck health ☺
  • advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello bobthebuilder!
    while you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, you may benefit from using search, upper right on large.
    typing in..ex..your type of surgery...may lead you to current or older post that you can jump into and ask questions.

we also have forums of surgery buddies..for each month of the year, providing encouragement to each other, etc...
    you may find conversations there re the recovery process for your particular concern.

the main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for your research.

you may want to read...recovery the most important phase.

Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • GrumpGGrump Maryland Posts: 33
    Hey Bob,

I've had the fusion from C3 - T1 but mine was was done anterior.  I am about to finish it off with a full cervical fusion C1 - C3 posterior, looks about a month a way.  Please feel free to search my name to find out any answersuggestions or ask away?

Grump
  • Hi Grump,
    after your surgery, can you move you neck? any comments about the movement of the neck. thanks

• advertisement
    Hi Crab, 

Love the name, since I'm from Maryland.

So as of right now I have great movement.  Doctors estimated I've only lost approximately 12% mobility after 4 fusions.  C3 - T1.

I am scheduled for a complete fusion in the very near future where I will lose all cervical mobility.

Did that help?

Grump
  • Hi Grump,
    if fuse c3- c7 I guess I will most of mobility. 
    If you fuse c3-t1, you can not move you head. so I  can not image what that means :)

Hi Crab,

Sorry for the confusion.  I have C3, C4, C5, C6, C7 and T1 completely fused  right now and I still have a lot of movement/mobility of my neck.  

Grump

advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.