advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Cervical Rediculapathy after acfd 6 years ago

after lifting a 75 pound object on New Year's Eve my pains greatly increased in my neck, back and right arm. Also had sciatic pain with numbness in right big toe. I went to chiropractor twice, acupuncturist twice, 3 professional massages and just had trigger point injections last week. These are my go to therapies and of course meds. The blend has worked well up until the lifting. Pain and some stumbling at times. A little weakness too. Most days I can lightly sweep floors, put away dishes. I don't wash them S
cause  it aggravates my neck muscles too much.. I've read a lot about this. I have an MRI on Thursday to get a clear picture of what's going on.
i would like input from others. I've read stories that other cervical vertebrae around my fusion, C4--" C7 can start. To bulge because of the daily stress. Headaches a lot.
constantb stress and. Weakness around neck muscles.
it feels overwhelming daily to be chained to a regiment of muscle weakness and constant treatment. Meds..".
can someone cheer me up!
thank you!

advertisement

Comments

• I am sorry you are experiencing this pain. Although I cannot comment on whether your pain will minimize or go away, I can tell you after experiencing chronic neck pain (pain level 4-8) for over a decade, that you can lessen the affect on your life by becoming an excellent planner. I am able to continue to take care of myself because I know just what I can do when so that the basics are taken care of during any given day or week.

I also found three stretching exercises I can do that do not inflame my neck, but help keep the rest of my body in shape and keep me happier. I have also become an avid reader, often reclining in a chair with a window out to the world. This combination has enabled me to remain positive. I suggest you search for the combination of stretches and activities that work for you and always try to keep a "half-full" attitude, rather than the "half-empty" one that is easy to adopt.  Good luck.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.