advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

4weeks post op ACDF muscle spasms questions

I had level 2 fusion and bone spurs removal. I've got titanium plate&screws and 2 artificial
discs. I had compressed spinal cord and nerves. Muscle spasms are still driving me crazy. I'm curious,  when spasms start are we supposed to just relax and let it pass or do we continue to work? Like keep doing whatever we were doing when spasms start? I don't want to hurt anything or delay my healing. I see my dr in a couple of days and will ask but was just curious if anyone here knows what we're supposed to do?? Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• Bruce EitmanBruce Eitman Akron, OH, USAPosts: 1,496
    l.b.

welcome to the spine-health forums.

well that is an interesting question, one that i have never really thought about.

for me, i manage the spasm with muscle relaxers, stretching, and heat/ice.  luckily, they occur very infrequently for me now, 18 months post op.

please click on the following link for some helpful information to get you started welcome to spine-health

Bruce

Read my story at Bruce - My Story
    ACDF C4-C5-C6-C7, and getting better every day
    It has been a process of healing, learning, exercising, and resting - and figuring out when to do which.

• Hi Bruce, thanks for your reply and advice. I saw my neuro's PA this morning. He changed my muscle relaxer to Baclofen, for a couple of weeks. If I don't see any improvement I'll start a strong prednisone pack. He said at this point we don't know yet if I have any nerve damage. But he said I could just chill out and relax when spasms start. So that's what I'll try. Glad to hear you've had a good recovery and are doing well!
  • advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.