advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Restrictions after Surgery

edited 02/09/2017 - 9:01 PM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Good evening, I had my St Judes Proclaim SCS utilizing the BURST method implanted recently.  This SCS is MRI  compatible and does not have a rechargeable battery.  The surgery was 2 weeks ago this Friday (January 27th).  I have been given very strict restrictions, no bending, twisting, lifting over 5 pounds, no raising my arms above my head, no reaching, no pulling, no pushing for six to eight weeks.... I am trying so hard to follow all of these but I am deathly afraid I am going to make a mistake without thinking and mess something up.  I have read other posts where other doctors have said that there is no need for these type of restrictions.  Could you give me some of your experiences with the healing process and if you had any difficulties.  My leads do not have paddles but the doctor did tell me they were sutured but I will still need to be very careful so that the scar tissue will secure the leads and keep them from migrating.
I appreciate any and all information you may have.
Thanks, Rachael  
advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 735
    My Algovita is about the same as yours except  I can recharge.  I had the same restrictions. I am 3 months post surgery. Others have said those are the restrictions for about 8 weeks. I felt so much better after 8 weeks myself. The surgical pain the first 4-5 weeks can be tough. At least for me. GLTU
Sign In or Join Us to comment.