advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

which stimulator company is the best?

I had a medtronic trial in 2008. I didn't feel it was taking my pain away. seemed they could  not get it low enough in the back for me. So I am thinking of trying the stimulator again.
I tried the first one after my first back surgery.  Just had my 4th back surgery last Oct.and the pain has  has been unbearable in the back and left leg. In 2012 I also had neck surgery. I would not let them fuse it just from the experience of the fusion in my back. I use to be so active, and now I just want to sit. because I know if i do anything I pay the price later.
I see where Medtronic has one that is mri compatable. But I am looking for one that will do the job for me . Are the some to look out for? are there some that are much better than the rest?  Has anyone tried a couple different brands? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks whizzer
advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 735
    My ortho gave me an Algovita. I am 3 months out. While not a miracle, it really gives me some good moments. While not MRI compatible yet, it's what my PM and ortho agreed on so here I am. Oh, I charge it twice a week. I have 5 programs set up right now. I use the high frequency 90% of the time so I can't feel a thing. I meet with the Nuvectra rep tomorrow and he will reprogram it for me. That is a free service for the life of the unit. 
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    hello whizzer !

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  •  That's a good question..oftentimes we can only go with the SCS that is offered by the doctor. Years ago I did a trial with Medtronic and it was a disaster. I said never again. Since then it seems like the technology has improved, otherwise I'd never would've considered trying it again. This time around, I thought I'd get Boston Scientific but wound up with St. Jude. The trial went well and I had the unit implanted a few months ago. It's not MRI compatible and is the non rechargeable model. I'm okay not having to remember to charge it since the battery lasts 7-8 years, I think. You can have a ct scan or ct myelogram if needed. I would never have gone with Medtronic SCS again..their pumps are better in my opinion. I speak only of my experiences with these implants. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
Sign In or Join Us to comment.