advertisement
advertisement

My GP says I'm to young for replacements at 51yrs with B on B..

Hiya, I'm not sure of all the medical terms I've read on posts so plse bear with:
I have only been diagnosed for around 2 yrs with Ostio Arthritis in both knees, right hip and spine.My knees are hideously painful as is the hip, the bk isn't as bad yet as I have reseed in discs there anyways. My issue is I'm 51 yrs old,I cannot walk unaided, I have 2 daughters aged 14 and 11yrs and the give me 130mg morphine 2x a day, which we all know doesn't work, plus anti-inflammatories etc, why do they not offer me Syavi injections, and why am I too young for replacements, I feel so desperate I don't want to be here most of the time, I've always been so active, is there a age when you're"supposed"to get OA then lol, any advice gratefully recieved
Polly x
advertisement

Comments

• JameyhJJameyh Atlanta, Ga.Posts: 98
    Hi Ruby2shoes.   My sister was your age when she had knee replacements.  She had one knee done then a year later the other one.   She was also bone on bone and was in excruciating pain like you.  I don't know if it is the insurance company or where you live.  She lives in Ohio.  And this was before Obamacare too.  My 2 sisters and I have had OA since our 30's so we "fell apart" early too.  I just had an ALIF/PLIF done in December from the osteoarthritis in the spine.   I would get a second opinion and possibly contact your insurance company for more answers.  Good luck.
    JoAnn in Atlanta (aka Jamey)
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 4,299
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello ruby2shoes !
    i am curious...what kind of doctor are you working with for your pain..?

while waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, please use search, upper right on page.
    you may be led to current or older discussions re your concerns.
    you may be led to medical side with all formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Welcome to Veritas Health Forumplease click on link for helpful information!
  • advertisement
  • I have a similar problem. Hope we can get some advices to fix this problem.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.