advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Facet joint injections vs. medial branch block? Difference?

Good morning. I have been receiving medial branch block injections for diagnostic work to figure out which levels in my thoracic and lumbar spine are the problem. I am still confused on the difference between a medial branch block and a facet joint and Inhection: do they actually give different results? Please explain. Thanks! 
1) Schwannoma removal (1) @ L2-L3 (2001)
2) Schwannoma removal (3) @ T11-L3 (2008)
3) Failed laminectomy syndrome T11-L2, facet joint disease, ongoing schwannoma formation.  Fusion scheduled from T10-L3 (April 12th, 2017).  Chronic pain that never goes away
advertisement

Comments

• I believe the difference is that a Medial Branch Block is all pain medication and done outside the joint.   A Facet Joint Injection is done in the joint itself and may include a steroid medication along with pain medicine.  Somebody else may better describe it than myself.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
Sign In or Join Us to comment.