advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Piriformis Syndrome - SI Joint Dysfunction

The user and all related content has been deleted.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,264
    hello kajeana !
    thank you for sharing your story!
    it is so good to hear you are now doing well!
    and you also stress the need to never give up! ...to continue looking for help!

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Outstanding information. Thanks for sharing your story! Piriformis syndrome is indeed hard to get treated.
  • advertisement
  • Hi How wonderful to hear you have found relief for like you said a terrible thing to deal with. It is such a breath of fresh air to read someone who has struggled like you did for so long and thank heavens you pursued answers and found relief. 
    I was just reading about this kind of therapy and there is a few here in Utah that do it so maybe I will check one out. I have had pain for years and three years ago what I now am almost certain is Si joint stuff started wow a whole new world of pain. Finally found a therapist who got it as you are right there are few in the medical community who deal with or are trained. I too had so many injections, tests etc. then here on Spine Health I read the info. and insisted my doctor do some of the manual tests wow it sit it off. It is now getting recognized but from what I read and study so hard to pinpoint in a lot of cases. 
    Instead of learning to live with Chronic Pain, I researched any type of treatment that could help me but never came across what you are talking about.. That is when I found PRP therapy just the other day. I found a rehab MD doctor 90 miles from my home that would do PRP therapy in my SI Joint. So I will check into it further and I am so thankful you have been relieved of that pain. 
    Thanks so much for posting and hope you continue to let us know how you are doing or send me a private post I would love all the details and keep in touch.
    Take care and have a great day
    Sherri
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hi Kajeana
    I just am so excited to hear you are making that kind of progress. I will for sure keep that one in mind at this point in my progress I was taking therapy from a Therapist who was a supposed expert in Si joint issues but a new issue developed making me have to stop. But as soon as I get this under control I am back at it for sure. In reading so much info. about this area it seems to take forever if at all for anyone to find pain relief but I do think in the future it will improve.
    Please keep us posted so many times people find their solution but don't post on how they continue to do and I think that is so important. I will be saying a prayer for you that you continue and can have a great quality of life.
    Take care Sherri
  • advertisement
  • dilauroddilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,813
    Piriformis syndrome is not really that much of a rare disorder.  You can just search here to see how many patients have this and the many various articles, videos and blogs written about it here. What seems uncommon is the surgery for it.
    wikipedia said:

For rare cases with unrelenting chronic pain, surgery may be recommended. Surgical release of the piriformis muscle is often effective
  • What I have found  is there is a lot of information regarding this condition but in the numerous doctor's I have seen they don't even bring it up  when the symptoms are there. The doctor who did my last three injections told me there are only two doctor's here in Utah who even do any surgery in that area. How long ago was Si joint added to the conditions here on Spine health does not seem that long ago but could be my memory. So many times in reading and discussions with doctors many back surgeries are performed only to find out the pain is being generated from the Si joint or surrounding areas. 
    I am just saying in the last two years or less Ron I have seen so many of the web-sites now including this problem with solutions I have never heard of which is great to see. The bigger issue for me is no matter what tests are taken MRI's, x-rays etc. it can go totally un-detected and so many do not even attempt the manual tests which can red flag the condition right off.
    Just me have a great day
    Sherri
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.