advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Duration (days?) of relief?

hi all, still getting ready for T10-L3 fusion on April 14th. I am curious: how long do your facet injections/medial branch blocks work? Mine begin 7-10 days after injections and lay a week or two of Very good relief for much of the day. Is this normal?  Do your injections last a similar amount of time? Also, and this is probably a tougher question, can I expect the same type of relief from the fusion as I get from injections?  I can't live with this pain and just thinking that the pain won't be significantly better from the fusion terrifies me! Please reply. Thanks!
1) Schwannoma removal (1) @ L2-L3 (2001)
2) Schwannoma removal (3) @ T11-L3 (2008)
3) Failed laminectomy syndrome T11-L2, facet joint disease, ongoing schwannoma formation.  Fusion scheduled from T10-L3 (April 12th, 2017).  Chronic pain that never goes away
advertisement

Comments

• Hello and Welcome to Spine-Health!
    My injections lasted around e days at the least to around a week..
    Thanks to my amazing metabolism for anything pain relieving.
    I have a buddy whose lasted quite a bit longer than mine,

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Thanks WIlliam!  Sorry, I thought I already replied to this, oops!  I am still having "help" from my injections, but I feel like they help less each day.  I take my extended pain pill in morning (I wake up in horrible pain), the pain starts coming back at 10:30, I take my instant pill at 11:30, and pain starts coming back around 3:30 or so.  I am like a human watch as I can tell the time based on my pain.  
    1) Schwannoma removal (1) @ L2-L3 (2001)
    2) Schwannoma removal (3) @ T11-L3 (2008)
    3) Failed laminectomy syndrome T11-L2, facet joint disease, ongoing schwannoma formation.  Fusion scheduled from T10-L3 (April 12th, 2017).  Chronic pain that never goes away
  • advertisement
  • I just happen to metabolize very quickly, some seem to get more periods of relief.
    Its more of a learned system of what and when to take the meds
    Sometimes before at first twinge..which left me ughhh
    Or at alotted times

You'll get your system down
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

Sign In or Join Us to comment.