advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

10yrs Muscle Spasm Chronic Pain - Help

Unsure as to how this started but at around age 22 I recall taking 30 aleve and 30 tylenol per day (I have since stopped this habit) to control the pain. Muscle spasms in my upper right back, lat and by occasion my right bicep and right side of my neck have been with me not every day but often. It is exasperated via exercise, caffeine, prolonged sitting at a desk. 

I have tried:
  • chiropractic care
  • physical therapy
  • acupuncture
  • massage
  • nutritionists (changing to an anti-inflammation diet)
  • orthopedic doctors (two surgeries to repair my right labrum)
  • pain doctors (prolotherapy three times, no pills have had success)
  • a week long trip to Cleveland Clinic with a team of doctors
  • injections
What does help is extreme pressure on the place where the spasm takes place via someone's elbow. If there is any product that could replicate that pressure (I have tried a tennis ball on the ground, a back manipulation cane, electronic stimulation to no avail).

I currently am outside the United States but I plan on following up with the injections recommended by my Cleveland Clinic doctor come August.

Thanks for your help.
advertisement

Comments

Sign In or Join Us to comment.