advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

WEEK 30 yipeeeeeeeeee

Comments

• Hi Jenny - I do like the food journal concept, though I've never been good about sticking with it. It *does* keep me from the emotional eating by making me accountable, I think part of why I can't stick with it is the same reason I can't keep track of all of my expenses, lists of things I need to get done etc. I tell myself I'll write it down and I get sidetracked. I lack the discipline. Yet when I make my mind up to do something, it gets done. Disparity between motivation and discipline.

Has anyone else been able to keep a food journal for some period of time? Has it helped?
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
    May 2017 ALIF L4-L5 with PLF rods added L4-L5-S1
  • keeping a food journal in the past but just like you I lack the discipline to keep writing in it. Either that or I slide off my diet and think if I dont write it in, it doesnt count. Sad huh? }:)

Christina :)
  • advertisement
  • That's honest. If you already feel guilty about "cheating" on a diet, you probably don't want to see it in black & white, reinforcing the icky feeling, right?
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
  • enemy is the pain meds. They make me so sleepy and tired all of the time. It is hard to even think about dieting when you feel exhausted and like a zombie all of the time.
  • But do you think about food outside of the context of dieting (i.e. I need to eat because I am hungry) or do you think about it out of emotion (i.e. I feel like a zombie so I should have some ice cream)?
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
  • advertisement
  • :) i think being drowsy is one reason my appetite doesn't pick up till mid afternoon. i start to eat then and either can't make the calories or can't sleep and eat the calories. i am drowsy most of 24 hours a day. but sleep is another thing. increased pain means i can't even sit up and eat! i could care less about eating during a flare up! i really like the food journal and can't lose without it. Jenny :)
  • yep christina thats the very book lol,she has it read in 1 day,did u know there s a group called the twilight mums who have all read these books and set up a club,so my daughter tells me lol,might give it a bash myself.
    I think the food jornal helps for sure but as with some of you im not always great about filling it in.My dangerous time is when i ve got PMS i just have to have chocolate,but you know, i ve realised that if i do have a bar its not going to kill me i just have to make sure its one bar and then stop there
    Teri the main thing is you still here,put the past behind you and start from now i have every faith in you

I have my meeting at work today at 2 pm and im dreading it,i really hope they can find me a new position,il let you all know how it goes
  • :) 6 here in California. getting up for a early morning walk. no food yet though. was up all night and no appetite. have a doctor's apt today so my pain levels may go up as well. oh my, there is no plan today but i do hope to get in 2 more walks and record in my diary today when i do eat. my thoughts are with benji today. Jenny :)
  • Do keep us posted, hope everything falls into place :)
    Jan 2009 L5-S1 ALIF
  • thanks aimless and jenny,just back from my meeting and have to say they were very nice ,they think that i may be suitable for a clerical job i have to sit a test and if i pass it should al be very straight forward,im really sad at the thought of this maybe being the end of my nursing career,but atleast il still have a job and that there will be no heavy lifting
    Hope you go ok at the docs jenny,i haven t as yet got out walking but plan to go after dinner
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Join Us to comment.