advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

New member waiting for nevro stim trial

I have had chronic low back pain since I was 24, I am now 48. I have had a discectomy hemi lamenectomy in 99. And a spinal fusion l4-5 in 2005. 2 days after fusion was opened up again because of severe pain& paralysis of legs. I had a blood clot on spine.  As a result I have been disabled since then.  I have tried just about everything before & after surgeries.  I have been on almost every pain med you can think of. After years of oral meds, I had 2 pain pumps. The last one was replaced after flipping and then removed because of infection. A few years ago had a spinal stim trial with no success.  I am currently waiting on results of psych eval for nevro stim trial.  I have been weaned to 1/2 my meds.  I am on 30 mgs morphine sulfate er 3 times a day, 15 mgs oxycodone 4 times a day, soma 3 times a day,fiorecet as needed for chronic headaches, ambien every night,and 2 trazadone every night.  My pain varies between 8 and 10 getting worse with hardly any activity.  I stay in bed most of the day. I even eat while laying down because of increased pain. I am trying to stay optimistic about this stimulator,but I am falling apart! I am always crying and feel like I am going crazy.  Altnough my family empathize & sympathize for me,they do not understand.  
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,268
    hello chriszbrown 68 !
    wow....you have been through it!
    while you are waiting for respinses from members with shared experiences, search may be useful to you, upper right on page.
    for any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions. you may be led to medical side.
    the main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• My problems aren't as bad as yours but I had my permanent implant yesterday after 7 day trial.  I'm ecstatic.  I hope you have as good experience as I have.  
  • advertisement
  • Stim did not work for me. I now have an intrathecal pain pump with prialt.  I have had it since August . They just put in another med I am hoping it starts working better .

Sign In or Join Us to comment.