advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Anyone on here with multiple disc injuries from a car accident?

I had a car accident and now have 10 herniated discs. Actually Now 9 because I had fission on c-4/5 disc removed 3 months ago. Now  I have constant pain all the time in the other disc areas. But since my C 6/7 is in a lot of pain. Scared it might blow out. I had chest pain so bad like cardiac arrest and a flare up requiring steroids. Might need another fusion, just did a 3 hour MRI and waiting on results.  I am young only 42 and I used to be so active, a dancer and an interior painter. I can't do anything that was the essence of me now. I have had 5 total surgeries in 3 years. I am feeling very depressed. Anti depressants and counciling just aren't doing it. I been dealing with this all alone except For my two kids, now 11 and 13. They argue with me when I need their help. I feel so abandoned by friends and family. I have repeatedly sent out Facebook messages to friend for help and no one comes or calls. I feel like no one really gets the major surgery I just had. Has anyone out there gone through this. My depression seems worse post opt.  I need to know I am not alone. It was really hard to go to the hospital all alone. Everyone seems to have a spouse or friend. 
advertisement

Comments

• I have neck and thoracic herniations from my car accident. So far no surgery and I had an RFA to my neck that worked. I'm still having injections for my thoracic problems. I'm pretty much self-sufficient and marginally able to get up and go to work every day. I had major heart surgery last year, out of work for 3 months and I handled a lot on my own, it was tougher than I thought it would be. I had a brain fog from being in an induced coma for 5 days that lasted for a few weeks until it lifted.
    Diagnosis: Thoracic facet syndrome & cervical and thoracic radiculopathy from car accident trauma.
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 957
    fingerscrossed - Every disc in my neck along with several facet joints in my neck have issues because of severe whiplash from being rear ended years ago. 
  • advertisement
  • I go to sleep in fear
    Sleep on fear
    Waking up thankfully that one issue or another didn't happen overnight.

Used to have the feeling of a knife slicing into a part of my neck if I stayed to long in one position.
    Then
    My thoracic region would catch fire
    Lets not forget the lower back which has me waiting to get up for minutes...

1999 wreck
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

Sign In or Join Us to comment.