advertisement
advertisement

Is Fibro Inherited...??

Hi all,

My brother was diagnosed last year with fm, but m now getting concerns about my own health as my body showing signs of fm. Can this be inherited? 
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,488
    I agree with itsautomonic, don't assume you have it.
    I was diagnosed with it over 20 yrs. ago just by symptoms. Since then, test have been developed because symptoms do tend to overlap with other conditions.
    To ease your mind you might want to talk to your doctor about it.
    For more information, use the search engine at the top right of this page. This will take you to articles as well as discussions on fibro.
    Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
  •  That's a good question. All I can say is that it seems to run in my family, along with other autoimmune and arthritic conditions. I have fibro and it is likely that I've passed it on too. Of course, other conditions need to be ruled out through extensive testing. 
  • advertisement
  • Thanks all for the helpful replies will go for diagnostics next week......
  • That is a really great question! I was adopted when I was 2 months old and have no idea of my birth mothers or birth fathers family medical history. I have had fibromyalgia for 6 years and it is difficult to cope with because unfortunately it does overlap with other diseases, all you can do is get medical tests done to weed out what you may or may not have. 

I am so sorry about your brother and wish you and your family the best of luck keep us posted! :) 

• adeweyadewey ColomboPosts: 5

Fibromyalgia isn't passed directly from parents to children, but the disorder does appear to cluster within families.

• advertisement
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.