advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

See the Veritas Health sites: Spine-health.com, Arthritis-health.com, Sports-health.com, Pain-health.com for medical articles and videos.
advertisement

Failed CMBB?

Earlier this month I had a CMBB which was more invasive than I thought (and more painful - ouch!). It lasted two weeks and then faded away over a 2-3 day period. Saw my pain management PA this past week and I thought - hey, this is a good thing because now we know it works, I just need something longer lasting! She said no, it failed. They can only do a RFA after another "successful" CMBB, and I have to wait 2 months for that, and then another 3 months before the RFA. A successful CMBB would have been 4-6 weeks of pain reduction. I also had a series of three migraines including one that landed me in the ER over a week - the first week after the CMBB. I'm sure the two are related but the PA couldn't explain it.

Have others found the same when a MBB didn't last? RFA taking 2 MBBs with 3 months between each (thus RFA in 5 months)? She mentioned epidural block but didn't seem to think it would help, but I've read studies about good results with an epidural for cervical radiculopathy. I had good results when my neurologist did trigger point injections, but it's taken this long to get her to try them (fingers crossed - doing them this week!). What has been your experience with failed MBBs or RFA? Epidural blocks?

Thanks -
Julia
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    hello silent cd !
    while you are waiting for responses from members with shared experiences, search may be helpful to you, upper right on page.
    for any of your concerns, you may be led to current or older discussions. you may be led to medical side.
    the main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on, also.

please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.