advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Trial lead placement - failure

anyone ever heard of this? My PM doc and tech are both stumped. Left side leads placed ok. Could not get right leads to move in place past T8. This is side of all my pain. Said the ligaments were so tight and space was so small that it couldn't be placed. Went home totally disappointed. 
advertisement

Comments

•  I've heard of that happening before. My PM doc said he had trouble threading the leads up there because of scar tissue. I found that strange since all I had done to the thoracic spine was a pump catheter placed there. MRI showed there's also central canal stenosis, DDD, and disc bulges. Did the doctor give you more options or does he want to try again?
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,241
    hello kshart!
    i was wondering where you and your doctor have gone from here?
    is there anything else that has brought you relief? or maybe a different device from different manufacturer?

i have no answers or suggestions, just wondering how you are doing!

please click on links for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.