advertisement
advertisement

Anyone turn their SCS off at night?

I run mine 24 hrs a day. Scared to turn it off. Just thinking of long term battery life and I could charge it less. 
advertisement

Comments

• I leave mine on 24/7.  When it's off my feet burn so badly that I want to cry.  The program I have at the moment is very power hungry though and the stim goes flat every couple of weeks.  I have had mine in for almost 4 years.  The battery isn't as strong as it used to be.

You could try turning it off for a while and seeing how you cope - that might answer your question.
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 688
    Thanks for your comments, Cheryl. 

I had a charging issue the other day and my SCS had just 1 bar of battery. I decided to turn it off while I slept. It's been on 24/7 since Nov. Believe it or not, I slept fine and woke up fine. I was shocked. Been charging twice a week but that has been increasing lately. I may try turning it off at night again. I usually just forget and fall asleep with it on. 
  • advertisement
  • I forget to charge mine so I usually charge it when it goes flat.  With one lot of programs the charge used to last a couple of months.  When I got this program (which is really complex) the charge time went down to about 4 weeks, then 3 and now 2 weeks.  Eventually I will need to replace the batteries.

Talk to your programmer about how often you should charge the unit.  It would drive me nuts to have to charge twice a week :)
    My rep said to charge every 2 weeks at least. I ;laughed at him saying i charge twice a week. The programs I use can be very intense. It will turn any chair into a vibrating chair. I tend to crank it up also. That uses power of course. I don't worry about charging it. I charge while watching tv. It's no big deal. I feel sorry for the people who can't charge theirs. My number 1 priority is pain relief and it's doing better than i expected. Been fighting spine pain since my lumbar surgery in 2001. Wish I'd got the SCS sooner. If I did, I would not have gotten the Algovita. It was just approved by FDA a few months before I got it. While not a cure, I am very happy with it. I'm surprised you could go 4 weeks with no charge. Which SCS do u have?
  • St Jude Eon Mini. I rarely turn mine up high because it interferes with the signal between my feet and my brain making it very difficult to walk.  Over time I have found a balancing point between the amount of stimulation needed to interfere with the pain signal while still allowing me to walk.  I have a complex pain pattern as well and so the SCS doesn't cover all of it - it helps with the burning in my feet though and that is a good thing.  
  • advertisement
    Had to google your device. Never heard of that one. It's good to know yours has lasted this long. It gives me hope that mine will last many years too. 
    Currently, I have 2 paresthesia programs and 2 non  paresthesia programs. I constantly am switching programs to move the pain around and not feel it. I will add more programs when I meet my Nuvectra rep again. My spine gets used to certain settings so it's nice to get different ones on a constant basis. 
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.