advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Back Spasms

Hello, 

4 and half months ago I had a disctectomy on the L4L5 level  6 days after surgery it re-hernaited and i was rushed into a repeat surgery few days later, so i got cut open twice in 12 days! Since then I have been going to PT 3x a week, yes i still have nerve pain the legs buts tolerable and my legs are moving well, I know my core needs to get stronger but my biggest issue is back spasms that have crippled me, no matter what Ive tried, (PT, baclofen, carisprodol, accupuncture, cupping, foam rolling, KT Taping, stretching, chiropractor ) pretty much everything I cant get these spasms to go away, they are located in the mid back going towards my sides, mostly the ride side but occurs on both, im a bigger guy, but have always been athletic, the spasms are at the level where basically my stomach side bulge starts so picture an hourglass its happening at the pinch just under my shoulder blades.... I cant stand or walk for more than 10 mins it's really destroying my life and career and not to mention the non stop use of pain killers and medications....

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) 
advertisement

Comments

• Have you tried massage therapy specifically?  I've been having a lot of spasms lately, and massage therapy has been wonderful.  Hurts at first, but then calms things down for a bit.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,490
    I was also going to mention massage therapy.  there's one thing that works really great for me-it's trigger point therapy.....it's painful when they do it, not a 10 or anything, but can reach a good 7-8, but if they find they trigger points in your muscles causing the spasms and can press on them until they relax, it made the world of difference for me.  after about 3 sessions the muscles would relax more easily, and stay better for several days before needing to retreat.  hopefully you can find some relief!  since my surgery i haven't been brave enough to let anyone touch my back like that, but i think i'm going to discuss it with my PT today.....
    Kathy
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• advertisement
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,250
    hello adam ego !
    please click on link for helpful information!

also, when you click onto "new discussion" you will find link with "system tutorial" to navigate spine-health site!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.