advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Neurostimulator trial

Hi, its been some months since I've posted anything but I have a new issue. Since my bone fusion last year L4 -S1 I still have considerable pain in my lower back, left SI joint and left knee and femur. I have since had over 15 injections or nerve burns, all of which only gave temporary relief. My surgeon doesn't want to attempt another surgery due to the weakness of my bones due to Paget's bone disease encompassing the same area. The only recommendation they had was a spine stimulator to manage the pain using electrodes attached to my spine heading off the pain signal. Im on day 3 of the trial simulator. My problem is since I came out of the procedure 2 days ago Ive been having a bad pain and soreness in my left foot that ive never experienced before. When I turn the stimulator on, the electric pulse goes to that foot and increases the pain.  Has anyone ever had that experience coming out of a neuro procedure? If so, what was recommended as a solution?
mbsr.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,256
    That sounds like a good question! I will be watching your discussion for responses from members with shared experiences.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

Sign In or Join Us to comment.