advertisement
advertisement

Extending my lumbar fusion

last year I had l3-s1 fused. I have been having trouble with sciatica pain, and numbness from waist down along with horrible back pain. Had a MRI 3 weeks ago along with an EMG. MRI showed I have 2 severely herniated discs with moderate stenosis and the EMG showed nerve damage. Scheduled to have surgery on May 10th. Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm only 42 and I'm freaking out a bit. Thanks! 
advertisement

Comments

• Hi courtlyn.  I had seven vertebrae fused about a year ad a half ago.  I just turned 70.  I'm back on my mountain bike and motorcycle, so from an age perspective I imagine your prospects are excellent.  Of course, you need a good surgeon... 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,406
    edited 07/31/2019 - 2:12 PM
    hello courtlyn

welcome to spine health. i apologize for the delay, we have been having system issues but they are been worked on.
    i also had spine surgery l2-l6 and i was 60. but i was very strict with my recovery. the surgery is one thing, you will be asleep, the recovery is all up to you.

please join may surgery buddies. there you will find other members that are having surgery too, advice and a lot of support. just go in, introduce yourself and i'll see you there. Please read Spine-health's library of articles. 
    also, please click on the welcome link below for more useful information as well as the system tutorial.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 

please keep us posted and hope to see in may buddies.

• advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.