advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nevro Spinal stim may not becovered by hospital?

It's been about 4 months waiting on Nevro Spinal stim trial.  Doctor's office telling me that implantation at hospital may not be covered. I do not understand why it's being offered. Said the trial is covered but not the implant. Then they say do you still want to do the trial. ???? I am in Phoenix Az.  Is anyone going through the same thing. Also they have decreased my pain medication by 50% because of the Cdc cutting down on opiods for chronic pain. When the decreased was done they said it was for the nerve stim trial. But now it was because of the Cdc. And if that was why,then why didn't they tell me the truth? So here I am my pain has increased by 60%. I am mostly stuck in bed most of the day. I would really appreciate anyone that is through the same thing,to help me understand.  Thanks  
advertisement

Comments

• jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 735
    With me, my trial was one insurance approval for the temp and the permanent was a second approval after the trial. Not sure what the point of a trial would be if you can't get the perm. Maybe it was your hospital that did not approve the permanent and not the insurance? Do you have another hospital that will approve? Have you asked your doctor? With my perm, my normal hospital had not approved the Nuvectra SCS yet because it was so new. A hospital about 10 miles from there did approve. Very happy with it. I am 5 months post op. Sorry for your meds reduction. That would be a nightmare for me. I have not faced that dilemma yet. 
Sign In or Join Us to comment.