advertisement
advertisement

9 to 10 months after surgery acdf c5 c6c7

I had my surgery at the end of June 2016.  I went back to teaching Kindergarten in September.  My family is very good and assists with many heavier activities around the house.  I was even excited to go to an indoor water park in February with my family.  I attempted a few slower water activities and did well.  Unfortunately, on Saturday ( 5 days ago ) I was at the hairdresser.  When I got into the car my back (lower)started to hurt. Of course, I rested  little (heating pad and motrin).  As of today (Wednesday)  it is not much better.  Is there anything related to my surgery and my lower back?  I know I didn't do anything to cause this in my back (no twisting or extra lifting.  I do see my surgeon for my neck check up on Monday
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,409
    edited 07/31/2019 - 1:46 PM
    kgeorge

the spine is so complicated, you never know what can be causing what. could it be a pulled muscle?
    i would definitely bring this to the doctor's attention monday.
    please let us know how it goes. take care

• KGeorgeKKGeorge New YorkPosts: 39
    Thank you so much. I will definitely talk wit the doctor on Monday. 
  • advertisement
  •  If you have spinal arthritis or DDD in one area, it may possibly develop in other parts over time. Adjacent segment deterioration is common after having a fusion. I had l4-s1 fused. Years later l3-4 autofused with bony overgrowth and it was painful. 
    I went to the doctor today and explained everything. He gave me a muscle relaxer and wants an MRI done on the lower lumbar just to be sure there's nothing else. Thank you everyone
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,409
    Kgeorge

Hopefully a MRI will give some answers. Good luck witth it and keep us posted.
  • advertisement
    Thank you so much - the muscle relaxer did help today.  It's difficult to help Kindergarten children when your lower back aches/hurts.
advertisement
Sign In or Join Us to comment.