advertisement
advertisement

Axialif surgery on L5-S1

bedridden for years due to being rear ended in car.  I had 4 surgeries on spine and sacroiliac joints but last caused najor pain in lower back and sacrum.  
I went thru Physio therapy but helped just a little
i am desperate to be able to move and not have take strong meds and lay on clay ice packs 24/7
has anyone had Axialif surgery on L5-S1 and if so how did it work out for you?
desperate.
thanks
Sunflower
advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 3,417
    edited 07/23/2019 - 1:08 PM
    hello sunflower

Welcome to Veritas Health Forum

i am so sorry you have had to live this way for years. i am not aware of anyone lately that has had the axialif surgery.
    but, if you don't mind, i am going to give a description of this type of surgery from what i found from research. this  will help other members that are not aware of this procedure to join in on this conversation .
    axialif-axial lumbar interbody fusion-minimally invasive approach to traditional lumbar fusion procedures. it is done in line with your spine, just below your tailbone. it is done perpendicular to your intervertebral disc.
    used to restore disc height in those dis spaces and to stabilize the spine.
    benefits: less scaring - less blood loss - less risk of infection - quicker return to work - can be performed as outpatient. 

to find older discussions on the forum, go to the top right of the page to the search engine. there you will find articles, videos and other discussions on this topic.

keep us posted on how you are doing.

please click on the links below for more useful information.

welcome to spine health

all new members should take the system tutorial 

Sign In or Join Us to comment.