advertisement

In this Discussion

There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Have You Ever Heard of Genetic Testing for Meds?

Previously, we have had discussions on this topic before. But for the new members I would like for them to know about it.
Have you ever taken a prescription for medication from your doctor and it just did not work? You go back to the doctor and he gives you something else.
That doesn't work. So all this time you are still in pain, not to mention the cost of the doctor visits but the meds itself.
There is a simple test, just a swab of your mouth, your doctor can do that will tell what meds work and do not work on you.
It is called Personalized Gene-Drug Interaction test. 
Also called pharmacogenomics, the study of how your genes affects your body's response to medications.
My PM doctor had me take it on my first visit with him. He said, why go through that when the answers are in one test.
We got my results back and we were amazed. No wonder I was still in pain.
Now, all of my doctors and the hospital has a copy of this. If I go to a new doctor I always give them a copy.
If you are at a point of nothing working or you are just starting on this journey, it might be something you would want to consider to discuss with your doctor.

Sandra
Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please read my  Medical Story  
advertisement

Comments

•  Hi Sandra, I've had it done after several years of med therapy. Indeed it is a great help to those who have been the wrong type of opioid. Now the patient won't be considered as "difficult" when doctors know which one to prescribe. After testing, it's good to know I'm on the right medication for me. 
    Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
Sign In or Join Us to comment.