advertisement

In this Discussion

advertisement

Osteoarthritis of the neck vs Degenerative disk diease

Is there a difference? Or is it considered the same. I've also been told spondylicous disorder. I'm assuming their all the same. Each Dr call it something different.lol.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi  LHN1968
    Sorry to hear you are dealing with this, I am just starting to really get in and learn about the difference too with other health and spine issues I have not learned a whole lot and I agree it is confusing. Ron gave us some great information so the best thing we can do to help ourselves is to become educated. 
    It can creep up on you like I have had some pain and numbness in my  hands and fingers over the past years but then last year my thumb started to jerk with the worst pain yuck. I saw a Orthopedic Surgeon got some x-rays and there it was Osteoporosis and joints were so damaged I was shocked. He said I would have to have them replaced soon. I got a injection boy that hurt but helped and he told me you can have it and never have pain but all the sudden it will rear it's ugly head and pain. 
    I do have Arthritis of the spine and other areas one thing I do know is there are so many ways to try to lessen the pain or flares. Inflammation is a huge factor so eating the right foods, walking, stretches on and on will help. 
    I wish you the best let us know what you find out and how you are doing alright.
    Take care Sherri

Sign In or Join Us to comment.