advertisement
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. On June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums moved to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

SCS tripped theft alarm

My SCS tripped theft alarm last week at Kroger. Went to a different Kroger yesterday and did not trip the alarm. Been to Best Buy countless times and have never tripped an alarm. I leave my scs on 24 hrs a day. The one at Kroger was the only time I have had an issue since the mid-Nov install. 
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Jmandjr,

Remember reading another thread about this subject.  Apparently its happened to a few people.  Some jet quite a jolt from it.  Wonder how you would go at an airport?

Phil
  • jimandjrjimandjr Dallas TXPosts: 735
    Phil,

Only happened to me once at a store. No idea on an airport. I may find out this summer as I try to visit relatives. At 6 ft 4 inches, I have to buy seats with more legroom. Ugh. 
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,988
    I think it has to do with the sensitivity level of those meters.   I dont have a SCS, but I have tons of titanium in my body.   Most airports I doesnt matter, but 5 years ago, I was stopped in Paris, and this past  February in San Juan.   They needed to do a full body scan with a wand and wanted to see some more details.

I've been in/out of most US airports and have not had a problem, just needed a body scan with wand.

The two toughest 'checkpoints' I went through was at the 9/11 Memorial and at the top of the Time building.   I had to remove almost everything before I was allowed in.

I have a friend who is an airport flight controller.  He has told me that different airports at different times can change the sensitivity level of those meters.  The ways things are going, I hope those meters are the most sensitive they can be

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
Sign In or Join Us to comment.